Job Title: Yard Attendant
Reports To: Store Manager
Pay Structure: Hourly/Non-Exempt
We are in search of skilled Yard Attendants that have the ability to function well as part of a team. You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to service our clientele efficiently.
The primary responsibility of the Yard Attendant is to help meet the equipment needs of customers by maintaining a clean and organized work environment and demonstrating the operation of rental equipment.
We seek highly motivated individuals and prefer work experience in construction and with industrial equipment. Knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, gas and diesel machinery is also preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Experience in the equipment rental or construction industry and/or related field preferred
- Positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional and clean appearance
- Clean DMV & drug screen required
- Able to communicate effectively with customers
- An ability to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to safety
Job Summary, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading/unloading equipment for customers and drivers
- Upon unloading of equipment, checking for damage to equipment
- Refueling of gasoline or diesel, oil, water levels for equipment, pressure washers and forklifts
- Cleaning and servicing of small air tools, small electric tools, and bulk rental items
- Testing equipment to make sure it works properly
- Occasional repainting of equipment and re-scribing of equipment numbers
- Assisting in the cleaning and maintenance of rental discharge, suction and other hoses
- Cleaning of larger rental items (rollers, Rammax compactors, etc.) using a pressure washer on wash pad
- General safety knowledge and operation of walk-behind and ride-on equipment shop forklifts for moving of stationary and tow-behind equipment (compressors, light towers, generators, etc.)
- Use of high pressure washers for cleaning of equipment
- Checking hour meters on equipment for use
- Cleaning warehouse and yard by sweeping shop floors, rearranging rental equipment or using pressure washer to clean the yard.
- Follow all Cresco Operational Procedures and QC Standards
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Store Manager, Store Lead Mechanic or any Cresco Manager
Education and Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment
- Frequent holding and grasping with the hands when loading and unloading equipment
- Frequent use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal/s on equipment and trucks
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes.
- Other duties assigned as needed